Pure Vanilla Minecraft the way Mojang intended.
Our main network is war-mc.com but we provide this server so people can check out the latest version. The game play is pure vanilla and we have not made any changes to the default game play. What we mean by that is we have not added or removed any blocks, items, advancements, recipes (except chainmail armor), texture packs or mobs and we have not altered the mechanics of the server in any way except to increase the difficulty level. We have on occasion made other changes either by player request or because we had no choice. An example list of changes has been provided.
Staff only come on when requested
No world resets * (Unless world corrupted by snapshot.)
No custom advancements have been added.
Only 1 custom recipe was added (chainmail armor).
How To Play
1. Open your Minecraft Client and select Launch Options.
2. Toggle the Enable Snapshots option to on.
3. Select News.
4. Click the up arrow to the right of the word play.
5. Select Latest snapshot.
6. Click the play button.
7. Click Multiplayer.
8. Click Add Server.
9. Choose an appropriate name.
10. Enter snap.war-mc.com as the Server Address
11. Click done.
12. Select the new server from your list and click Join Server.
Map reset history
Frozen: In 18w06a, which is a 1.13 snapshot known as Update Aquatic, Mojang rewrote world generation removing the 'Customized' world type and replacing it with the 'Buffet' type. https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/18w06a
This new map generator introduced a bugs which caused world corruption and inconsistencies in world generation. Such inconsistencies resulted in many of the early biome's around spawn being generated as cold types. At minecraft_server.1.13-pre5.jar a decision was made to start over with a new world in order to provide players more access to warm biome's.
All of the following changes were only approved either out of necessity or because players specifically requested them. We believe that the changes do not add to, alter or take away from the core game functionality.
1. Player built an obsidian wall around spawn which prevented players from leaving. This forced us to alter the wall and provide a spawn build. (The wall no longer exists due to the frozen map reset)
2. Creeper spawn rate was too high which was killing players entering the server and destroying the spawn build. In response we increased the spawn protection to 100 and put a function in place which teleports hostile mobs within 200 blocks to the void.
3. Players requested commands to teleport to spawn and home. A range of trigger commands were added using functions. A select few '/trigger' commands were added such as home, home_bed and spawn.
4. Many players requested to be teleported far from spawn. A '/trigger randomtp' was added as staff are offline for long periods. This command was later renamed to '/trigger wild' in 18w43a with the release of the new 1.14 snapshots.
5. A few additional trigger commands were also added which are for accessing statistics only.
6. Players requested the ability to buy and sell items. Some simple villager shops were added to spawn using functions. This introduced a basic economy to the server.
7. Players requested a back command for when they die so they could retrieve their items before they disappeared. A new function was added to create grave stones which release the items after a player sneaks for 5 seconds whilst standing on top of it. This has the effect of preventing the items from despawning whilst the player makes their way back but does not prevent them from being stolen.
8. Custom recipe for Chainmail Armor was added due to popular demand.
*Warning: Whilst we do endeavor to provide you with the latest snapshot, we cannot guarantee that you will not experience bugs with each release. If you do experience bugs, please be patient as we will update to the next version as soon as it becomes available, thank you.
Chunk and mob rendering glitches.