-Different friendly communities split between separate servers.
-A working economy, and a broad market.(though, with the multiple different shops, it can become difficult to find things in. Normally a staff member can help you find things, so it's not a real con)
- Two different pixelmon play-styles. There are the normal modes that keep minecraft from causing you any pain while you play pixelmon, and then there is chaos, that provides you with all the pain your hardcore heart may desire - on easy.
- several different areas and features to help you train a powerful pokemon
-a pokebuilder shop that allows you to change your pokemon (though this shop's currency is difficult to obtain)
- There always seems to be at least 1 staff member in each server, and you wouldn't have to wait long for a staff member to log on if there is not.
-They have a fair rule system set in place, I have seen donors get in trouble just like non-donors.
-There are quite a few unique features, such as loot crate drops. However, I think they could redo loot crate drops. Currently, you can be banned for teleporting to a loot crate, even if you had no idea where you were teleporting, or do not claim the crate.
-This server is highly pay-2-win, and strongly supports donors more than non-donors. The cheapest rank costs $9, and (among the p2w items) gives a random shiny (which I have seen become a legend on multiple occasions), a random megastone, and in-game money. The most expensive rank costs $200 and gives a player ten Random Shiny Pokemon, 5 random legendaries, 7 random Megastones,
15 Master Balls, 256 Rare Candy, 1,000,000 In-Game Money (which is enough to buy at least 1 really good legend, or even 3 mediocre ones), and two free legends every two weeks. The ranks are expensive, and some of you may justify p2w in some way - like keeping the server alive - but there are enough non-p2w benefits and plenty of cosmetic ideas that the server could utilize instead of selling free wins.
- Natural legendary and megaboss spawns are low. Over the course of a week, I saw about 7 legendary spawns in chat, and only killed 2 megabosses. Three of those legends spawned on afk players. One legend glitched out and couldn't be caught. In total, I only saw 3 players catch a legendary through natural means over the week. This increases the p2w aspect of the server drastically, but if you grind enough money, there should be a donor swimming in legends close by.
-One of the perks of a donor rank is, and I quote, Priority Help & Support. They really do mean priority. I recall multiple times when I needed help, yet received no response from staff. Once after asking a question and being ignored, another donor asked for help and received an instant reply. This is not true all the time, but if you ever need help and you aren't a donor, there is a chance you will not receive it.
- Clear lag. There always seems to be a clear lag about to happen, whether on items, mobs, or pokemon. I have lost too many rare, wild pokemon because of clear lag, and on chaos, I have lost several valuable items from dying right before a clear lag. The daily kits make the loss of items less frustrating, but losing a rare item still makes an impact.
-While it's a good server to make friends, it is not a good server to play with friends. For every claim you make, you have to /trust all of the friends that you want to access it. The groups on the server are called clans, it takes 150,000 coins to make a clan, and then you have to pay a tax of 3,000 coins every 8 hours. Because of the tax, it can be difficult to keep a small clan of a few people, especially if you forget to pay the clan before leaving for a few days. If your clan disbands because of not providing enough funds, then you automatically lose 150k coins - which is a significant amount for a beginner.
-This is a larger server, but it does have different communities. Chaos tends to have about 20-50 players on at once, while other servers can get up to 70 players.
-There is a world border. It may help with lag, and I have no issue with the world border on the less popular servers. But some players just do not want to be restricted to a designated area.
October 23rd, 2018 07:45 PM EST